HERE is a link to the PB recall, updated constantly the the FDA. I strongly suggest you check this list out every single time, before you go shopping.
If your pet becomes sick, it can transfer to you via saliva and waste. Most pets lick themselves clean, so the coat can become contaminated, too. Best to consider the whole body as contaminated. Here are some safety tips that you should always follow anyway:
- Regularly wash your pet’s feeding bowls to prevent growth of bacteria.
- Thoroughly wash your hands and your children’s hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds after handling dry pet foods, including pet treats.
- Avoid letting any human food and utensils come into contact with pet food.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean any counters and utensils you use to prepare your pet’s dinner.
- Handle litter boxes carefully, and always thoroughly wash your hands and keep the area around the litter box clean.